Get in touch today
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We process your personal data to meet our regulatory, legal and contractual obligations to provide you with our products and services. The personal data we collect is as follows:
- Your addresses, payment details and any other data you provide as required for processing your orders and returns.
- Your on-site browsing behaviour on our website, including the pages you have viewed, IP address and browser details etc.
- Your name, email, telephone when you set up an account or make an order. This allows us to fulfil your order. We do not share this with anyone other than the shipping company who delivers your parcel.
HOW DO WE WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect data from you in the following ways:
- The data you enter into an online form on our websites, such as when you place an order.
- Your browsing behaviour on our website.
- When you contact us, for example over email with a query about your order.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Our processing activities are:
- Fulfilling your orders, taking payment, dispatching them and dealing with any returns.
- Analysis of data for reporting, forecasting and site performance. This helps us improve our website.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not disclose, rent or lease any information submitted to us to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
We share your personal data with some other organisations as part of the order fulfilment process. Such as the courier or The Royal Mail.
This data processing is part of your contract with us when you place an order.
- PayPal who process the payments you place. We do not see your credit card details at any stage.
- The delivery company used to delivery your parcel
OUR DATA PROCESSORS
We use Google Analytics, this is operated by Google, it helps us understand how you view our website and helps us improve what we do.
The website has Google Analytics to track visitor numbers and behaviour. This service is to help us continually improve our service and does not track any personally identifiable information. If you wish to opt out of this, you should disable cookies in your browser.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
The data you can manage from your “Account” pages will be stored until you remove it, for example your ‘wish-lists’ and ‘saved addresses’.
Data about your orders and communications with us will be held indefinitely as we need a legal record of these.
Website behavioural data will be kept and used for up to 72 months, after which time we aim to store data only in exceptional circumstances.
SECURING YOUR DATA
We do not store your credit card information. It is processed over a secure encryption system which goes through the payment provider. We do not handle or store this data on our servers. Our staff do not have visibility of the credit card information for your orders.
We take your privacy and data security seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data.
You have many rights around the use of your personal data. We are implementing them in the following ways:
RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
Your right to be informed about how we use personal data is contained within this policy, including:
- The purposes for which we process your data
- The categories of personal data we hold about you
- The recipients to whom your personal data might be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- How we collect the data
ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND ERASURE
If you would like to update your personal information or marketing preferences or profile information, you can contact us via email (use the contact us form on our website. You may also delete your account which removes most of the data we hold about you. We may still need to hold certain data to meet financial regulatory, legal and contractual obligations. For example, but not limited to:
- Your order details, contact details and communication details
- Your order data, which we require for reporting and tax purposes
WHAT IS A COOKIE
We collect and store data in cookies which is sent securely to remarketing companies, whose algorithms may determine if you will see advertising related to your browsing on other websites. You are able to opt out of these adverts at any time (more information below).
Cookies are necessary to purchase items at SilverBasket.co.uk. They are used to identify items in your shopping bag, shortlist, and also your browsing history so we can make better recommendations. The cookies themselves do not store any personal identifiable information. Instead, they store a 'key' on your computer which then identifies information stored temporarily on our own server. You can disable cookies in your browser to prevent this, however you will not be able to use the primary functionality of this website. You can disable cookies in your browser's settings.
Any changes to this policy will be posted onto this page.